SeraNovo is a pharmaceutical formulation company with a proprietary technology platform to enhance the bioavailability of water insoluble drugs. SeraNovo’s technology harnesses the unique benefits of eutectic solvents to create unique, solubility-enhancing formulations for its customers and partners.
As a highly profitable organisation with a worldwide base of customers, a broad range of in vivo proofs of efficacy and a suite of intellectual properly SeraNovo will grow significantly in the coming years.
To support our growing operations in Leiden (NL), we are seeking a full-time pre-formulation scientist who is detail focused, rigorous and enthusiastic to design and test formulations for drug candidates across many disease areas. You will utilize your knowledge of pharmaceutical chemistry to enable the next medical cures.
- Conduct physicochemical characterisation such as salt screening, solubility profiling and stress stability testing
- Conduct polymer screens, excipient compatibility screens and eutectic partner screens,
- Conduct formulation performance tests, with an emphasis on biorelevant dissolution and physical stability testing (polarized light microscopy and DSC)
- Work closely with the analytical team to ensure accurate and timely analysis of samples for assay/purity via HPLC-UV or HPLC-MS
- Analyze and interpret the results of experimental studies and write reports for corporate records, customers and contractors
- Execute and troubleshoot standard protocols, develop and adapt new protocols and query literature to incorporate additional assays as needed
- Improve efficiency by finding automating solutions for repeatable practical steps
- Background in chemistry, pharmaceutics, chemical engineering or related discipline
- 2+ years oral formulation development in an industrial setting
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
Additional skills / preferences
- Handson experience with in vitro formulation screens, dissolution testing, DSC or DLS
- The ideal candidate will have a preference for laboratory work and a drive to continually improve their own and the company’s efficiency.
- Further the ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic team member and take part in SeraNovo’s frequent social events.
Why join SeraNovo?
Our work is enabling medicines in fields ranging from cancer to neuroscience to arthritis. Scientists at SeraNovo get the freedom to use their intellectual capabilities and creativity to their fullest extent. The potential to create impact in a small company is much greater than the potential to do so in a large company, so join the most ambitious and creative company with the best technology in the formulation space and have a real world impact with your career!
To apply, please send a motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.